Thursday, February 6, 2014

Winter Wall Cabinet Wonderland

The almost complete breakfast bar
in use.
I hope youve all had a great holiday. Things have been quiet here at the Penultimate Woodshop (at least the shop has been quiet). My grandiose plans are to finish the breakfast bar and make progress on the workbench while Im home for the Christmas break, but well see how that goes.



No matter what my progress with the counter & bench, I know what Ill be working on in January: The Wood Whisperer Winter 2011 Guild Build. I was lucky enough to participate in the inaugural Guild build, The Shaker Table. I skipped the Chest of Drawers (too little time and no need) but Ill be back with a vengeance for the Hanging Wall Cabinet. I think Im going to bastardize mine into a tool cabinet, but well see how that goes.

The Winter Guild Build.
In the mean time, I cant say this strongly enough. You must join the Wood Whisperer Guild.

Marc is not paying me to say that, but I wouldnt be yelling it any louder if he was. So go join if you havent already. While the builds are reason enough, there are many more reasons to join. Marc has gone through pains to list them all on his Join the Guild page and hes done a good job at chronicling all but one of them. Hes missing my new favorite reason: youll also get to be a Brown Shirt at Woodworking in America (if you dont know, then dont ask. Hint: were not Fascists).

So go join. Then wrap up whatevers going on in your woodshop and get yourself ready. Its going to be a winter wall cabinet wonderland.

Oh, also I was wondering what projects have you bastardized to suit your needs / tastes?

Now go!

No comments:

Post a Comment