Monday, March 3, 2014

Bed tables

I wanted to give you some more ideas for making a bed table. Here is Daniel Pozzobons table that led me to build mine. Hes added some blocks on the top to give his laptop more ventilation. I was thinking that perhaps you could simply include a few holes in the top surface, too.




*****

Heres a bed table Larry Clinton built for his sons father-in-law to sit beside him on the bed when he eats. I love the inclusion of the magnets.

Larry writes:
He wanted the section for his cup and his silverware and a lip all the way around so things dont roll off. Its maple plywood with a solid maple edge and solid maple everywhere else. The legs are joined together with dowels. They came loose after about 3 weeks and I got it back and re-glued the dowels and added screws to make sure they stay.
The legs are connected to the blocks on the underside of the table with dowels that are glued in on only one side so they pivot easily. There are rare earth magnets in the top and screws in the legs to latch them in. The extra maple on the side was to make it balance on end with the handle up. I guess it could be used as a lap table, but it probably never will be.




*****

Just a reminder...send me pics of your tool collections!

*****

Mere Minutes
Got a new beer fridge!

No comments:

Post a Comment